Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Best Valentine's Day Eve Ever

DSC_0362-edited_filtered

My husband was off work on Friday and I worked half a day so we decided to celebrate Valentine's day a day early. We decided (actually I guess I decided) a month ago that we would exchange love letters for Valentine's day. So I had no expectations for the day. I thought we would grab some lunch, do a little shopping, and just hang out.

I called him right before I was ready to leave to see if he wanted to go out for lunch. He was very blah and decided that we should save money at eat lunch at home. I was a bit bummed, but could understand the rationale. So I headed home. When I walked in the door, I could immediately tell that the house had been cleaned. Wow, that's a nice surprise.

We ate lunch and ran a couple of errands. As we were heading home, my husband turned the wrong way. Hmmmm. He said we were going to check something out. Ok, so he has something planned. We pulled up to a spa. Yep. That's right. He had booked a couple's massage. I was totally surprised and luckily had shaved my legs that morning.

Earlier he had dropped off roses and a card to the spa so they were waiting for me when we went into the room. He later told me that he put the arrangement together. The vase was one from home. He had collected some plants from the yard and then he bought the roses. How sweet. It gets better. If that is even possible. I open the card and it says "P.S. We have a babysitter tonight." There was also a two page love letter in there too. Man, I felt completely spoiled.

His parents came over to watch the kids. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant and drank some margaritas. It was the most perfect Valentine's day.

I am choosing the photo above as my best shot. Visit Tracey's for more Best Shot Monday.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Jen...you are a lucky lady!

I love the part about being glad that you shaved your legs...lol...that could have been a hairy situation (hee, hee! no pun intended) ;)

Unknown said...

goodness, jen. he might be tied for best husband ever! (with j. of course!)

that sounds like an absolutely perfect day, i think i just sighed out loud while i read your post.

heaven. pure heaven.

MGF said...

the berries in the flowers stand out.
Your are right a perfect evening.

Kimberly said...

Now THAT's what I call a special Valentine's Day!!! It sounds like it was an amazing time.

Loved the bit about shaving that morning. Funny.

Christina said...

Awwww! I literally said that out loud reading this. So sweet! I think the best part to me is that he picked and arranged the flowers himself.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!!! What a special guy you have! :D

Joanna said...

How wonderful Jen! My favorite part is that he had flowers and a card waiting for you at the SPA!! So cool! Your a very lucky girl.

Lisa said...

Sounds great!

Jaimee said...

WOW!!! That IS the most perfect V-day ever! I'm soooo jealous! Awesome!

iMother2.0 said...

First off, what a wonderful husband...and a fabulous time! Isn't it nice to be pampered :)
Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

OK, I can't even look at the picture because I just can't get over what your hub did. How awesome it that?! My hub can't come up with anything close to that. Not in his genes. I know, he was like that when I married him, I'm not complaining ;-). Glad you get it though!

Stacy said...

Oh, you lucky lady! That sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day. What a sweet guy you have there. :)

Killlashandra said...

Oh that is too sweet! What a wonderful early Valentines day surprise. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails