Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Never Too Early To Think About Spring

We had another fabulous weekend with temperatures in the 60's and 70's. We spent the day Sunday enjoying the weather and getting some yard work done. I really should say my husband got some yard work done because I did not contribute a great deal. I mostly chased the kids around and documented the day by taking many, many photos, which you all know is a very important task. I am determined to expand my garden this year so my husband was so very sweet and started clearing out one of the flower beds.


DSC_0320-edited


The previous owners were avid gardeners and retired so they spent all their time in the yard. Unfortunately, we have not been able to spend as much time tending to the yard as we would like so there are places that are way overgrown. During the summer it gets way out of control. We did manage to transfer some of the plants to other places in the yard. Like this one. I have no idea what it is, but it looks like it would be pretty.

DSC_0314-edited




DSC_0305-edited




DSC_0307-edited

DSC_0309-edited

DSC_0310-edited

We still have lots of work to do, but at least we got an early start on it. I don't have a shop update today. I spent the week restocking and refueling. I have several works in progress, but nothing finished to show.

12 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Wow we still have like 4 feet of snow on the ground spring seams so far away here!!!!

Dawn said...

Looking forward to seeing what you plant and grow!

What a great day spent together~

The shots of the kids in the natural light are so lovely!

Stacy said...

Love that last shot of Harper...so CUTE! Well, I see your iris' are coming up. It will be several months for us, yet. It did rain yesterday and today, though, so our snow is quickly disappearing. I'm sure we'll have another blizzard soon to make up for it LOL!

Good for you in getting a garden going! I've tried several places in our yard and still have not succeeded in getting much going. Some spots are just far too wet and then others are too dry or not enough sun, etc. At least my herbs have found a good home and are happy!

Unknown said...

Isn't it marvelous that we actually get to see the start of Spring in February?!!

I think documenting the day is always very important work - and the pics are great!

Cara said...

I love all the shot, I too was so glad for the mild weather. We took the kids to the park which was a nice retreat from the confines of being stuck inside. There is nothing better than a little fresh air.

Christina said...

Doccumenting the day is defintiely very important - the most important, really! I am really wanting to have a garden this year too, but I'm intimidated since I tend to kill every plant I touch. eek. Love the pictures, especially that first one with the hoe.

Joanna said...

I love the shot with your hubbys hands digging in the ground. Sounds like you guys had a great day. That would be my ideal day....Hubby and Ella working in the yard and me free to take pictures all day!

MGF said...

Sure look nice outside. Too windy here to get out much. Thanks for sharing. I want to see pictures of the garden this summer.

Killlashandra said...

Could be a daffodil, they come up early in the year. That's great that you all work in the garden together. :)

Kimberly said...

Hiya NGM! We have had nice warm weather here in TN also. So exciting to think about getting outdoors again! I love the shots you included on this post. I am about to purchase the Nikon D60 so I look forward to good photos soon~!

Cheers, Kimberly

PS: I also about to purchase your cute little felt owl pillow. Will look perfect in Matilda's birdy nursery!

Anonymous said...

I am trying so hard not to be jealous right now! Great photos! I can't wait for spring. It's still in the 30s here.

Jaimee said...

So cool that the whole family was out there working together! That is just awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails