Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Shimmering Hope

DSC_0473-edited

A ray of hope, a light

shining oh, so bright.

A gleam upon the stream

floating like a dream.


DSC_0472-edited




DSC_0476-edited

I hope years from now when I look at these photos, I remember how the sun beamed down on this small stream. I hope I remember that no matter how hard I tried, I could not capture the simplicity and beauty of that moment.

DSC_0486-edited

I hope I remember how smart, confident, and independent Harper was at the age of 4.

DSC_0518-edited

I hope I remember how content Miller was to throw sticks and leaves into the stream and watch them float away.

I hope these photos will help freeze these memories in time.

I didn't choose a best shot this week. I just couldn't decide between the first and second one.

Click here for more Best Shot Monday.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautiful. Sometimes the photograph in your mind is the best one you can take. :) Looks like it was a great day.

ELK said...

such happy images here ~ELK

Dawn said...

I hear ya sista!

I'm so thankful I have pictures to remind me of all the times that are so simple but so very special.

:)

Amy Jo said...

I love when photos tell a story. Nice job!

Megan said...

your kids will remember those great times, too!

iMother2.0 said...

diggin your post! I'm hoping for the same :)

I couldn't pick a fave either! LOVE that glimmering in the water.

Joanna said...

Great post. It looks like you had some great family time too. I would call the first shot your best shot. You can see a faint spider web in there. Its such a tranquil shot.

kim said...

Those first several shots are beautiful!

Capturing Sunshine said...

You WILL remember. Beautiful shots! Beautiful poem. Beautiful story!

Christina said...

Good golly miss Jen - what a gorgeous moment and what a gorgeous post! Such tranquility and peace...try as we might, that can never be fully captured with a camera and lens.

Killlashandra said...

Lovely post. That bit of sparkle in your second picture is so perfect with your words. :) And her smile is dynamite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails