Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Before/After Kitchen Chairs

This project has been on my to-do list for a long time now. The cushions on the chairs in my kitchen looked horrible. They were in desperate need of a makeover. I finally found some fabric that I liked so all I had to do was recover the chairs. Seems easy enough right?

Here's my first attempt at a before photo.

DSC_3339-edited


Um, excuse me. This feels a bit like deja vu. Remember this photo.


DSC_2083-edited

He is starved for attention I guess.

DSC_3341-edited


Moving on. Here is a clearer view of the chair. Believe me this photo does not do the chair justice. They were really nasty.


DSC_3340-edited

After a couple of hours of wrestling with fabric and a staple gun all 6 chairs had a new look.

DSC_3346-edited



kitchen chairs

Awww. Nice and fresh now.

11 comments:

MGF said...

Fun fun photo of the little guy.

But really great remake of the chair

Cara said...

First off the pictures of Miller just cracked me up!
I had the same issue with my kitchen chairs. I actually resorted to buying a heavy duty vinyl and covered the chairs with that. Now I can just scrub them down!

Kimberly said...

Love the chairs!!! I was so surprised how easy it is to recover chairs. Great job!!!

Unknown said...

He has to be total comic relief around your house every day, isn't he??

LOVE the new look. I really like the fabric and it does look so fresh and clean. I bet it will hide dirt a little better, too! Good work, as always my friend!

Maggie said...

Those chairs look amazing! What a great job you did - I'm super impressed (although not surprised, you're so crafty!)

Joanna said...

Funny thing...this is on my to do list too. My kitchen chairs are in an awful need of being redone!! The stains just keep compounding on themselves. I like Cara's idea of the vinyl.....Your fabric choice brings wonderful new life to the chairs. Fresh and new indeed! I bet that feels good. :0)

Christina said...

what a great crisp new look!

Miller totally knows how cute he is, doesn't he?

Stacy said...

Love the fabric you chose! Our dining room chairs came with cream fabric, too. I didn't even wait for them to get nasty, since I knew it was inevitable...I recovered them right away. Then one of Brian's poker buddies spilled a whole can of beer on one. There's a "water" stain on it now. I just can't win.

Corey~living and loving said...

oooooo very fabulous! well done!

historypak said...

thanks this is good blog. discount leather sofa

caiyan said...

longchamp bags
canada goose outlet
fit flops
michael kors outlet
hollister clothing
cheap ray ban sunglasses
louboutin shoes
canada goose
uggs
michael kors handbags
20161110caiyan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails