Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Upcycled Denim Art Purses

My obsession with art purses continues. This time I decided to use some denim that I had leftover from making these Garden Toolbelts. I made one for Harper as a trial run to try and work out any kinks. I originally decided to use the denim to eliminate the need for interfacing or an extra layer of flannel. However this denim is not really thick so the result was a little floppy. Harper does not seem to mind, but I knew that I would need to add an additional layer next time.

DSC_3347

DSC_3348
I made two more with a couple of modifications. These two are for my best friend's little girls. I am not even going to tell you when their birthdays were. It is rather embarrasing.

DSC_3349
I made them art purses instead of notebook covers. I think they are easier to tote around with the handles. I added the extra layer of interfacing and also added a magnetic closure.

DSC_3351
I am hoping this will cure my art purse and notebook obsession, but we will see.

7 comments:

MGF said...

I bet the girls just love these

Unknown said...

I'm hoping it DOESN'T cure your obsession - the denim is awesome! Each rendition just gets better and better...I love the mag. enclosures, too.

Cara said...

These are so cute!

Stacy said...

Very cute! I think adding the handles and making them purses is a great idea. Makes it easier for the little ones to tote them around.

Run Lori Run said...

So cute! I love repurposing denim too, just used some denim jeans to make some bibs...

Sandra :) said...

I really really REALLY like your purses - I don't think you have an obsession that particularly NEEDS to be cured, lol!

Don't feel bad about being late for the birthdays - I have, on my bedroom floor, two boxes of unwrapped/unorganized Christmas presents that haven't been mailed. From 2009. I have to SEE these people next month for Thanksgiving. Guess who's going to be VERY embarrassed? LOL!!!

Unknown said...

michael kors handbags
redskins jerseys
the north face
michael kors handbags
indianapolis colts jerseys
hollister
michael kors handbags
ray bans
detroit lions jerseys
jordan shoes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails