Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dreams of Flying

This week Megan and Melody challenged us take "flying" photos inspired Jan Von Holleben's Dreams of Flying series. Initially I was excited about the challenge, but after a couple of attempts to take photos I realized this was going to be tougher than I thought it would be.

Cara is out of town this week so she was not sure if she would be able to get her shot. I was secretly hoping that she wouldn't get hers done so that I would be off the hook. Being the good partner that she is, she sent me her photo this weekend before she left. As soon as I opened her shot, I got excited. I am so glad we decided to give this a go. I had so much fun.
Come back tomorrow for some of my outtakes and I will tell you the details about how I got my shot.

Flying


Join in on the fun over at Mental Inventory.

7 comments:

Megan said...

totally agree: way harder than i thought! the ladder i used was tall, but not tall enough, so i feel your pain. i took a lot of shots holding the camera over my head and hoping for the best. your result is so cute, though! did the kids come up with the pose or was it your idea?

Kimberly said...

these are such fun shots! great job ladies!

Stacy said...

Love these shots! I bet the kids had fun. :)

So did you have to stand on your roof?? I don't think I have a decent vanatage point for this kind of thing.

Killlashandra said...

Wow they are both wonderful! I love the simulated action in both of them. Nice flying captures. :)

Unknown said...

so very cool! did they just love helping with this one??

i wish we had gotten our act together to try this, we could have gotten some use out of our balcony. we are taking the week off, though...

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo these are just so fantastic. I'm so bummed I missed this theme. sigh....darn Internet issues.

MelodyA.-HipMomma said...

What? But it turned out SO fabulous! And both together, brilliant. I'm so glad you played. Yes, it was a bit difficult. I had to use the tallest ladder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails