Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Silly Snakes and a Slouch Bag

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday weekend. I had a 4 day weekend and it was marvelous!!

We went to the zoo on Saturday and the kids fell in love with these huge stuffed snakes. Of course, my first response was "We are not buying those. I can make you a snake." They did not forget my promise. So on Saturday afternoon they helped me make these snakes. They were kind of thrown together, kid stuffed, and designed, which adds to the charm in my opinion. Here are my silly snakes posing with their snakes.

DSC_3319
Matching red tongues. Miller was very specific about how he wanted his snake eyes. He said they had to be touching. Who knows why?

DSC_3323


I also made this bag for Mom. I used the same pattern that I used here. My mom gave me this fabric over a month ago and the pieces have been cut out for about as long. So I decided it was time to finish it up. The fabric was so nice to work with. It is a heavier almost canvas like material so I did not use interfacing. I used an owl from the lining fabric and appliqued it on the outside of the bag.
DSC_3334

DSC_3335


If you missed it, I posted my Hootie the Owl tutorial on Friday.
Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG...I NEEEED that owl fabric! Seriously, do you know where she found it? My bird obsession is quickly encompassing owls thanks to you. I got some really awesome owl material last week, but that! THAT is awesome. And I love the applique.

I also love how you said, "we are not buying that I can make it!" That has become our mantra around here - even Jamie says it to the girls now...."Mama can make that, here we'll take a pictures (with the iphone) so she can figure out how to do it. Both of our phones have all kinds of "projects" on them. BUT I bet they love their snakes so much more because they helped make them, don't they! They are great.

Corey~living and loving said...

love love love your projects. the snakes are adorable, and the bag to die for. :)

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

That bag is so cute. Love both the interior and exterior fabrics.

Christina said...

the matching red tongues - love it!! Those are some of the cutest snakes around. I love the bag fabrics too.

La Mama Naturale' said...

Hi Jen!
Wow! You've been a busy gal... love all your recent creations. The tutorial is too cute. Love, love, love! Owls are just so adorb & what a h00t --- the snakes you made are fabby!! The boys would so love one...now on my sewing list. Ugh! lol! Your new bag is totally hip, too. ;) The kids look like they've enjoyed themselves over the summer! Glad you guys had a lovely 4dayer. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Run Lori Run said...

Love that fabric! I am so bad at sewing bags, they are all wonky! Yours are always so cute!

Kimberly said...

Love the matching red tongues!

HannyPanda said...

Maxbet adalah permainan yang dapat memainkan taruhan Esport, bagi kalian yang sangat suka bermain permainan esports tentunya kalian ingin mendapatkan jajanan tambahan bukan ? silahkan kunjungi situs kami dan dapatkan uang jajan tambahan untuk kalian.

daftar akun maxbet

daftar akun maxbet338


deposit judi bola via pulsa


aplikasi maxbet338 android

aplikasi maxbet338 app android

maxbet338 android

aplikasi maxbet338

link alternatif login maxbet303

login maxbet303

download aplikasi maxbet338


agen maxbet terbaik dan terpercaya


judi bola maxbet

agen judi bola terpercaya

daftar akun judi maxbet

daftar akun judi bola maxbet

link alternatif maxbet

taruhan judi bola

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails