Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Changing Gears

2010 mosiac

I have had this blog for almost 3 years now. I think the best thing about having a blog is being able to look back over the months and years and reflect on how much has changed. It is also enlightening to see the natural rhythm of our life from season to season and year to year. I love being able to look back at last year(2010) and in 2009 to see what I was thinking starting the New Year.

2010 proved to be a great year, so I have high hopes for 2011. I have been running regularly since June, which is a pretty major accomplishment for me. I have always despised running, but I am slowing learning to really enjoy it. I have signed up to run a half marathon in April. Mitch is running the full marathon. We both ran the half marathon in 2001 so it seems fitting to run it again 10 years later. Eventhough, I swore I would never do it again. I am excited to see what my 35 year old body can do.

I feel like I am officially ready to put the sewing side business on hold for awhile or forever. Although I did have some orders and the charity shop this Christmas, it wasn't too stressful. It was nice to have time to sew some presents. I am looking forward to just sewing for family and friends when I feel like it.

The schedule change that I made last year has worked out really well for everyone. As I predicted it meant I was not able to sew as much, which in the whole scheme of things is not that big of a deal. It's nice to have that extra hour in the afternoon to unwind, get homework done, and dinner started.

Besides my fitness goals, I want to continue to focus on healthy eating and being green. I think gettting back on track with meal planning will help. I want to continue blogging. Since a good portion of my free time will be consumed with running, expect to hear more about that.
Here's to another great year!!!!
Happy New Year everyone.

8 comments:

julee said...

Happy New year too you. Good luck with the running, not my favorite thing to do but can appreciate your consistency this year.

Take care

Cara said...

Happy New Year Jen. I am hoping that my free time will be consume with running as well.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,

Happy New Year to you too. I love looking back at pictures on my blog. They just make me smile. I thought about trying to figure a way to make some extra income w/my sewing, but decided against it because I like to sew only when I feel like it or at least on my own schedule. I have big sewing plans for now until the summer.

Congratulations on your running. I was doing well for a few months, slacked off, and eventually stopped. I'm planning to start back again this week. Starting back is always so hard. That is exciting about your race in April.

Meal planning has been an intention of mine, but always a challenge for me. It will definitely help w/eating better

Christina said...

Here's to a great new year!! I like looking back on where I was a year ago too...it's good to see the growth! I want to get on track with an exercise routine this year, too.

Unknown said...

Distributor besi siku baja
Agen besi siku
Distributor besi wf
Agen besi Wf Baja
undangan pernikahan
www.sentrabesibaja.com
Distributor Pipa Besi baja
Distributor besi h beam baja
Supplier besi beton gunung garuda

link9

Unknown said...

Distributor besi siku baja
Agen besi siku
Distributor besi wf
Agen besi Wf Baja
undangan pernikahan
www.sentrabesibaja.com
Distributor Pipa Besi baja
Distributor besi h beam baja
Supplier besi beton gunung garuda

link9

jeje said...

coach outlet online
adidas nmd runner
jordan shoes
ralph lauren uk
true religion outlet
soccer boots
polo ralph lauren
ferragamo outlet
cheap nba jerseys
nba jerseys
oakley sunglasses wholesale
0420jeje

Unknown said...

jordan sneakers
off white shoes
nike epic react
stephen curry 5
ysl
yeezy boost 700
yeezys
adidas yeezy
cheap mlb jerseys
golden goose outlet

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails