Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Card Tags

I was serious about taking a break from sewing. I did not sew one thing this week. Whenever a project started creeping in my head, I instantly pushed it out. I even said no to a custom order request that I received. I was a little nervous about it, but after I did it I felt so liberated. I really didn't want to do it, so I finally realized I just need to say no. I know it might sound silly, but saying no is VERY hard for me.

I am starting to feel small twinges of desire to sew, so I am sure I will be back at it soon. The only crafty thing I have to show today is some tags I made from Christmas cards that we received this year. Initially, I was going to just save them for next year. Then I decided to go ahead and do them now. Who knows if I will remember that I set the cards aside? A year is a long time, you know?

I used my Sizzix Big Shot for some of the tags, which I have had for over a year now and LOVE. It will cut fabric, felt, paper, and even aluminum cans. It is a very cool tool. Some of the cards I just used regular old scissors.

DSC_4826-edited

Now I have tags all ready for next year. Talk about planning ahead.

I have a guest post up today over at Ladybug Blessings so make sure to check it out.

Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

ok, i'm going to do mine before i put my cards "away" now too. how great it must feel to have something done for next christmas already! :-)

Christina said...

You are on the ball and have a head start for next year! GO JEN! And congrats on embracing the power of the word NO!

Dawn said...

Those are really cute and yay keep saying No!

Happy New Year!
:)

Run Lori Run said...

That is a cool machine, I've seen them but never really considered getting one. Do you think it would cut thru a cereal box?

MGF said...

Such a great idea. I have all my cards still sitting on the table- I felt bad about throwing them away. Well now I can put them to good use.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Jen,
It sounds funny already planning for Christmas THIS YEAR, but I am there with you too. There are so many things I never got around to last year and starting now will help w/not putting them off again.

It's very liberating to say no. Believe it or not, I can say it to others, but I have a hard time saying it to me when I want to take on just one more project.

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

20160120 junda
longchamp outlet
toms outlet store
louis vuitton
canada goose outlet
ugg outlet
michael kors bags
ed hardy uk
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
nike tn
coach factory outlet
nike trainers
canada goose jackets
coach outlet
nike cortez
fitflops clearance
michael kors handbags
ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans
burberry outlet
cheap toms
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
ugg boots
louboutin
canada goose uk
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet uk
michael kors
coach outlet
mcm outlet
adidas originals
coach factory outlet
ray bans
mulberry bags
nike sb
prada outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet

Unknown said...

7.14lllllyuan"ferragamo shoes"
"chrome hearts outlet"
"air jordan shoes for sale"
"tory burch outlet online"
"hollister"
"michael kors outlet"
"ralph lauren femme"
"thomas sabo uk"
"adidas uk store"
"louis vuitton outlet"
"coach outlet"
"coach handbags"
"burberry outlet"
"coach outlet online"
"rolex watches"
"cheap oakley sunglasses"
"tiffany outlet"
"cheap football shirts"
"celine outlet online"
"michael kors handbags clearance"
"snapbacks wholesale"
"michael kors outlet"
"toms outlet store"
"true religion outlet uk"
"coach outlet store"
"oakley sunglasses"
"celine outlet"
"swarovski outlet"
"cheap snapbacks"
"longchamp pas cher"
"michael kors outlet online"
"fitflops clearance"
"nike roshe run"
"coach outlet online"
"oakley sunglasses"
7.14

jeje said...

chrome hearts
michael kors uk
tn pas cher
moncler jackets
chiefs jersey
superdry clothing
hermes belt

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails