Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Day in the Life- Jan.19, 2011 {morning}

I am so intrigued and captivated by bloggers who update their blogs several times a day with their normal day to day activities. To some it might seem mundane or self fulfilling, but I love it. I don't have the time or energy to be one of those bloggers, but in an attempt to capture snippits of our life I have decided to start a new weekly (hopefully) blog post. Mainly as a way for me to remember our routines and to be able to gauge how much has changed or not changed at all. Since documenting a whole entire day would be way too time consuming, I thought I would start with portions of our day like morning, afternoon, evening, bedtime, etc. It will probably begin to get repetitive, but I want to see where it goes. Don't expect any award winning photos either.
My morning starts at 6:31 am with a shower. I get myself dressed and ready for the day.

Morning 1

Then it's time to wake up these sleepy heads. They are happy to see me. Can't you tell?

Morning 2

Breakfast is made. Lunch is packed for me and Harper.


Morning 3

Vitamins for me and the hubby (left) and the kids (right).


Morning 4

Breakfast time for me. I usually make a pot of oatmeal for me and Miller, but he wanted cereal this morning. So I just microwaved my oatmeal. While it was cooking I got my green smoothie ready and loaded the dishwasher. Do you like my princess spoon?


Morning 5

Harper was finished with breakfast so I asked her to go get dressed and ready for school. Poured my smoothies.


Morning 6

Harper is all ready, a little wrinkled and mismatched, but ready. I asked Miller to get dressed about 10 times. At 7:53 he finally decides to actually get dressed.


Morning 7

I brush my teeth. Pack all our stuff up. I am going for a run on my lunch break. That's why it looks like I am going away for the weekend. I warm up my coffee. I had leftover coffee from yesterday that I put in the fridge.


Morning 8

Teeth are brushed, coats are on. I think we are ready to go.


Morning 9

I drop off the kids at school.

Morning 10

Now it's time to work.


Morning 11

How was your morning?

8 comments:

Christina said...

this is such a great idea, Jen! I love getting to peak into your day, and I know you'll love to look back on this one day.

but I have to ask - is that underwear around miller's neck? LOL. Kids are all so similar. ;o)

Maggie said...

I LOVE this!! I am totally going to follow suit...eventually! But I agree with you - I absolutely love getting glimpses into everyday life...it's fascinating!

Kimberly said...

You've got your mornings down to a scientific precision that amazes me! I have so much to learn!

Jessie said...

Wow - great shots of your morning :) I liked the glimpse into your life :)

julee said...

I don't know how you moms do it. I take that much time to get my own butt in gear. This gave me a glimpse....but I'd be fired as a mom.

So, what's in your green drink milk, spinach, banana and peaches? Good way to get some veggies in.

Julie

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Hey Jen,

After looking at your morning routine, I'm ready to go back to bed. It is neat to see how other mommies get it all together.

When you have a chance, please share your smoothie recipe.

Run Lori Run said...

Yes, I'd love your smoothie recipe too. I really enjoyed this post even tho I usually am annoyed when people facebook about every second of their day! This was great!

Unknown said...

Oh. this is a fun idea! Can we steal it and jump in on it? Let us know a day and we can all try to do a morning and compare! :-)

Or the *witching* hour - that would be a great time to do, too. It is crazy to me that all of that was only a span of one hour and a half!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails