Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Color Purple

We had storms come through on Saturday, but we made it outside to play for a little bit. I love this time of year because every time I wander around the yard I discover a new blossom. We have lived in our house for 7 years and every year I discover something new. The previous owners were avid gardners so we have plants everywhere.


DSC_0970-edited_filtered

Purple is my favorite color. I am not sure why or when it happened, but I am drawn to the color purple. It just makes me happy. I know in the picture these little flowers look more pink and blue, but in real life they looked purple to me so just take my word for it, ok?


DSC_0968-edited_filtered

It was very windy out so I am surprised any of these shots came out at all. These flowers were blowing all over the place.


DSC_0969-edited_filtered

I am choosing the first one as my Best Shot.

Tracey host Best Shot Monday every week.

13 comments:

Suzanne Broughton said...

Love. Love. Love. the colors in these. Beautiful shots.

Megan said...

ooh yes, love that first one!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful shot. Love the colors.

Amy Jo said...

I love purple as well. Isn't it fun finding these little surprise gifts all around? Lovely shots, all of them!

Christina said...

what pretty little trumpet flowers! I wish I had hidden treasure litke that to find in my backyard.

iMother2.0 said...

so lovely! and delicate :)

Kimberly said...

So pretty. My daughter would be all over those!

Joanna said...

That would be great to have something new pop up every oncei n a while. Those are great. I cant say I have ever seen them before! Really beautiful shots Jen.

Stacy said...

Wonderful shots of the beautiful flowers! Love them. :

The owners before the ones we bought the place from were avid gardeners, too. The previous owners managed to kill all but the hardy stuff...I don't think they ever weeded until it was time to take pics for selling the house. YOu should have seen the "perennial garden" when we moved in. I just wanted to slap 'em LOL!

Leslie said...

These are gorgeous! I wish the previous owners had been gardeners - quite a bonus feature. :)

Unknown said...

Those are soooo pretty. I'm trying to decide what I'm going to put in a flower garden along our wall when I tear up the vile weeds that are lurking there. And everything I want to plant is purple, too. :-) It is such a beautiful color when it appears in nature!

Dawn said...

Those are lovely and they came out great!

:)

Maggie said...

The colors are so soft! I can't wait for things to bloom around here...we had some, but we got a fluke snowstorm last weekend and it definitely put a damper on things.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails