Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reunited and It Feels So Good

We received quite a bit of rain yesterday. After dinner the rain had stopped and the kids asked to go out and splash in the puddles. So I grabbed my camera and while the kids played, I snapped some photos of my two favorite subjects (besides my two kids of course)-raindrops and flowers.

It was a little dark out so I had my ISO set to 800. My macro lens is a little heavy so it takes a very steady hand when it is not very bright out. Anyway, all I can say is thank goodness for noise filters. I use the free community version of Noiseware and it has been a lifesaver for me.

DSC_0938-edited_filtered

The alien looking thing that I captured a couple of weeks ago finally bloomed. So pretty.

DSC_0942-edited_filtered

I know this one is pretty blurry, but I thought it was cool that a fly landed on the flower as I was taking the photo. Hey there, Mr. Fly.

DSC_0950-edited_filtered

I gave up on my macro lens and switched to my 50mm lens that I have to manually focus. At least these plants can't run away from me.

DSC_0945-edited_filtered

Only one of my blueberry bushes is blooming. I keep checking the other one hoping for a glimpse of life.

DSC_0952-edited_filtered

It felt good to be reunited with my camera even if it had only been a week.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Beautiful shots, Jen! I love them all so much, and you are definitely making me yearn for spring. We had a dusting of snow yesterday. :( It was nice last weekend, so spring keeps teasing us! I'm done with photographing inside my house. I need to get outside! :)

designHER Momma said...

wow - great shots! Makes me excited that soon in Indiana I'll have some spring flowers blooming...

Maggie said...

Jen these are gorgeous! And just what I needed to see after I hear that we are about to get a(nother) major snow this weekend...

Unknown said...

wow. the raindrop on the first pink flower? amazing!

Dawn said...

Lovely captures! We are in for some toasty weather...I hope all the wildflowers make it, I have really enjoyed seeing Spring around here too.

:)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

amazing amazing pictures! stunning!

Christina said...

Dang Jen! These are flat out gorgeous! And, I've been whining for a mscro lens, but you going back to the 50 makes me think I need to re-evaluate!

Kimberly said...

I know I say this alot but those are beautiful shots!

Joanna said...

These are fantastic Jen. I am dying for things to bloom out here...and hoping to get a macro too.

Jaimee said...

Beautiful shots! That first one is awesome! And noiseware IS a lifesaver!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails